Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Free Crochet Pattern, Rug for the Camper

Crocheted Rug

The size of a bathroom camper makes it a little difficult to find a rug small enough to fit.  I debated buying one of those micro absorbent pads that they are selling everywhere as dish draining clothes, very cushy and absorbent.  All the colors I found were too dark or too light and it still wasn't exactly the size I wanted.  So I made one.  The yarn I used is good old rugged acrylic, whatever I had in my stash....which oddly enough matched my camper nicely.  I used 3 strands together and a size N hook.  Here is the pattern:

With 3 strands and a size N hook chain 60 + 2 extra for the turn.  Chain very loosely so you don't end up with a tight side.  A foundationless row would work great here but I can't get the method down nice enough.


Turn, last 2 ch don't count as a sc, they are just keep it square on the first row.  SC in the next 60 chains.
Ch2 and turn.
SC in first sc, lsc in next, repeat pattern to end.  (lsc is an long single crochet, insert your hook in the row before).
Ch2 turn, lsc in first SC, sc in next lcs.  Alternating between the sc and lsc through out.
Repeat until the rug is as long as you like.  I did a slip stitch across the last row to tighten it up a bit.  I left the short sides as they were.  
You can adjust your starting chain to make it longer or whatever you'd like.  This is really just a sc and a lsc repeat.

Making this in acrylic means it can take a beating and multiple washings, great for camp.  I washed mine after the first trip and lay it out on an Adirondack chair to air dry and realized it would make a great chair cushion as well.  I am going to make one for a camping friend with pretty much the same interior colors for their camper because she's sweet as pie to me.  I'm hoping I have enough stash because these wip up fast using 3 strands.

No comments:

Post a Comment